• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Representation questions - Part 2

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey,

I'm currently creating my diagrams and I hope you guys can give me some pointers. Perhaps you can give examples of how you solved these problems

• Application connects to an external system which 'uses JMS to communicate'. How do I model/represent this system in the sequence diagram, and in the class diagram?
  • How should I represent a WS call which is made from my application in the sequence and class diagram? I followed a tutorial which represents the WS client as a 'component' in the class diagram and sequence diagram. Do you know whether this is a good/bad idea?
  • Do you know any ways to handle exceptions in the sequence diagram ?
  • How detailed does the class diagram need to be? I mean all classes present in your application ( like utilities, frameworks, logging ) should be represented in the class diagram?

•  
    Victor Bucutea
    Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    hey guys...

Sorry for insisting, but I'm really stuck on the points below, so if you happen to know/suggest how I could solve just some of them please reply...

Victor

Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    I suppose that we are not required to handle exceptions in Sequence diagrams as I read some where in the forum that Alternative flow is not required.

And I think that you can represent what you mentioned about logging and utilities in a Utility package like Cade did in his example.

hope I'm right !

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
      Bookmark Topic Watch Topic