• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JDBC ResultSet is closed on a constantly running application

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey guys,

I am (hopefully) finishing up an application that uses JDBC for the first time. Now, everything works great except when i want to update a graphically displayed table of the database information i am receiving(and adding and deleting). The adding and deleting is currently working great, as is the querying, and everything is writing to the database great. However, i am often getting a result set is closed exception when i try to update to frequently.

Essentially what happens is a user comes to the application, adds a date and an explanation for why theyll be gone, and adds it to the database. The end of this operation prompts the gui to update the table to accuratly display the data. However, when this happens in great succession, the application errors out.

I understand what this error means, but i cannot tell where it is coming from...it may be when the previous resultset hits its end, and then when another add or delete happens, it errors out.

I suppose this is pretty vague, but im trying to be descript. Every time a button is pressed on the gui to add or delete an entry, the ad method in java is called, which then in turn calls the update method. If some more additions were to be made, thats when the application errors out, it doesnt happen after every change.

Thats why I'm a little lost at how to go about finding what is happening.
And thanks in advance, im pretty new here but you all have been extremely helpful(even with my lackluster descriptions)

Joe Meany
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I retract my previous post. My problem was...me copying/pasting. My apologies

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic