• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Mobile Device Management in Iphone

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I am trying to develop an enterprise application which needs to list a set of enterprise applications along with the installation status.If the application is already installed on device user should have an option to uninstall that app,also the user should be able to install apps not present in device from the list.As no direct API's are available to do this in iphone SDK i am thinking to set up a Mobile Device Management server.But i found that MDM is commonly used to manage all the devices in enterprise network from a centralized location .I need to know whether it is possible to control the device based on some client request(Delete an app by clicking a delete button in the client).please share your thoughts, also let me know how could i get access to MDM API.My company already has an Enterprise developer account.

Thanks in advance

Ranch Hand
Android Mac Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

If the application is already installed on device user should have an option to uninstall that app,also the user should be able to install apps not present in device from the list.

You can do it with URL register scheme.

But you won't be able to get the list of all installed applications (if app has shared URL mechanism you can check if its installed or not - find it here)

smile , there is one more open source library which will give you installed apps on the device
Here is the link - http://amitay.us

Good Luck!!

Thanks
Pratik Goswami

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Sreelal,
If you want to manage your mobile device in iPhone, then I would suggest you to use a third party tool which I have used. You should use Mobile Manager for iOS as this is the best software to manage any ios device and this software helped me a lot as i have used it. It has awesome features and very easy to use without any extra knowledge.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic