• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Certification to choose- advice needed

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have 9 years of experience in IT and I have completed only SCJP certification in the beginning stages of my career. My profile is now a mix of tech lead and developer. I am not sure if I have to write WCD then BCD, WSD etc or directly attempt the EA certification.

Please advise me taking into consideration my years of experience. Also thinking of doing some certification in management as I have real practical experience in handling projects. Anticipating your thoughtful suggestions.

Thanks

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
In my opinion people who are really interested in technical things and doesn't worry about people management as to go for these exams (some may not agree with this). EA exam gives you in & out big picture of designing an enterprise application and it makes you to easily understand large complex system which is existing and providing a solution.

Life just hasn't been the same since the volcano erupted and now the air is full of tiny ads.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic