• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Preventing non-registered users from seeing forum posts on jForum

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to prevent non-registered users from seeing anything in jForum. I represent a company using jForum 2.1.8 in conjunction with a "franchisees only" (must be registered to see) website. It turns out that googling just the right thing will take you to a Joe Public accessible version of the forums, which said company does not want. Any help?

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
When you first install JForum, there is an anoymous user in the general group. I've never tried deleting that user so it might cause problems, but I would try that first. If that doesn't work, create a new group in the admin control panel that doesn't have access to any forums and reassign the anonymous user to that group.

If the site was already indexed from google, you'll also want to fill out a form to get it out of the google cache.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic