• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed OCMJD!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am quite glad too that I made it, just like Chris. I guess Oracle reviewed our exams almost at the same time.
One thing makes me the more glad - I came to this site after doing a lot of my design and felt quite reluctant to change them. Sometimes, I suggested my design to other and was quickly refuted but I kept to it - especially with reference to implementing locking. It worked very fine but was a minority opinion. Nevertheless, I didn't fail to explain my design both in the code, user, design documentations and in the essay exam and I did it clearly. This increased my eagerness to get my result.
I submitted and did the essay since May. I have gone through my codes since to try doing redesign - for fun though.

the part of my choices that scared me most.

- Abstracting GUI codes - I had interface for all UI classes and embedded the actual Swing Codes in their implementation.
- Locking was done up to the client level. - I just thought about it that way but was advised against such in this forum and some friends as well.
- Lock expiration

Nevertheless, I am really grateful to members of this forum because they make it a complete ecosystem. I remember how I was corrected with some other issues. Thanks all.

Thank God.... I feel a lot more confident with myself.

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Passing OCMJD deserves a seperate thread, instead of just a post in someone else's passing ocmjd thread

Congratulations, champion! Great achievement!

Michael Enudi
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:Passing OCMJD deserves a seperate thread, instead of just a post in someone else's passing ocmjd thread

oh sorry.... I was trying to be economical with threads. lol.

thanks

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If I understand correctly you implemented a fat client: the client makes seperate calls to lock, update/delete and unlock?

Michael Enudi
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:If I understand correctly you implemented a fat client: the client makes seperate calls to lock, update/delete and unlock?

You are right. There was then an functionality to expire the cookie after some time lapse.

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
congrats!
I just took my essay exam two days ago. Now I'm sitting around like you guys did, waiting for the result.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies