• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EJBs, clusters and tiers questions

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello guys,

1) I've never worked with cluster enviroments and I have many doubts:

The main doubt is: Can I work only with EJB Local interfaces on these enviroments?

2)Refering to tiers, I'm considering the use of the Apache web serve to serve static pages.

Is it necessary to add a web container to serve dynamic pages and controllers in adition to the application server or It is a good practice to allow the application server to do all the work?

Thank's to all!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
For the point (1) if a local interface is used in cluster environment,

If your application is deployed on the managed server and in the same managed server if you are referring to the ejb on the same machine then Local interface for that EJB is fine, Remote interface or remote is required when you are invoking the bean using one jvm and bean is on the other jvm then remote comes into picture.

For (2) Application server as both EJB container as well as Web container, in case of web server only web container will be available. If your application is accessed by millions of users but for few users running business logic is required then it is fine.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic