• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JBoss deployment error

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello

I am using JBoss 5.1 RunTime Server, Eclipse Helios and Seam 2.0 in my computer. I can start JBoss server without any problem from Eclipse. I want to view my XHTML page from Eclipse. After selecting mark as deployable to my XHTML page then after clicking Run As - > Run On

Server, I see HTTP Status 404 - /webProject/trial.xhtml type Status report message /webProject/trial.xhtmdescription The requested resource (/webProject/trial.xhtml) is not available.After checking server logs I found out that error :

JBossTools was unable to resume the JBoss deployment scanner. Your deployment may not be recognized by the server. Please ensure your version of JBoss includes an unsecured JMX adapter.org.jboss.tools.jmx.core.JMXException: Could not obtain connection to any of

these urls: localhost:1099 and discovery failed with error: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String

Could you please help me to fix this issue ? I will be appreciated if you can help.

Cheers
Altayli

security forum advocate
Android Flex Google App Engine
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you doing any resource lookups?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you are starting from scratch, JBoss should work fine if you follow the following steps.

Ensure that you have created the correct runtime environment settings and JBoss home settings. Sometimes lengthier folder locations can cause problems. So try keeping the jboss home at C drive.

Ensure that you have the WAR deployed in the corresponding server. You can try to verify it by logging into the JBOss admin console. Double click the server in Eclipse to see the user name and password values that are set.

The admin console link should be http://localhost:8080/admin-console/login.seam?conversationId=4 (though I am not sure if Jboss ver 5.1 support this)

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic