• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Ear module redeployment with maven and glassfish 3.1

Greenhorn
PHP Redhat Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys I am in a need of fast solution to my probably not unique problem.

I am developing intranet application based on the Java EE6 standard and I've found myself in problematic situation.
In this project maven is used as default build tool, and within this maven project I have defined other maven projects that represent EAR modules.

Now the problem is that these EAR modules depend on each other which is an issue when I'm trying to deploy WAR module in isolation from other modules. I understand that I can not do such a thing but is there a way to redeploy only part of EAR into already deployed EAR container? In such situation upon deployment container would find depended EJB classes (from EAR) and inject EJB dependencies into managed beans.

If there is an such solution I would be able to easily hot deploy development changes into Glassfish 3.1 without huge deployment delays.

I am also aware of remote EJB interfaces and JNDI but i don't want to deal with these if i really don't have to

bdw. i'm new to whole java ee thing....

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic