• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Spring Quartz Shutdown issue

Greenhorn
Mac PPC Ruby Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have configured my quartz job with spring and I am using Tomcat for the app. Whenever i try to stop the server the following SERVER warning is showing in console. Please can anyone let me know, how to stop the scheduler using Spring after the job completed.

Sep 22, 2011 12:36:39 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/VendorIntegrity] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not an expert but I though the scheduler would always be running so that it can trigger the next batch job run. Its just a warning right ? Did you really have a memory leak ?

Jay Abrahm
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Or did you just want the job to be triggered one time and not repeatedly. Do you need Quartz for that, isn't there a better way of doing that.

nv reddy
Greenhorn
Mac PPC Ruby Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I need the scheduler to be running continuously and Im not sure, how i can the memory leak. Whenener i brought down the server. the messaging is showing up, but i am not sure about the effects.

One more thing, is there anyway i can setup a job to be runnming only once by crobnexpession. if yes, how the expression should be?

Thanks for you time.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic