• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

which one i should use JMS or RMI or Socket ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Good Day Professionals,
i have a web application on the server that has a list of document object information get (******) it from repsostiory machine , the server go throw this list and send every item to another - destination - machine ( ****** ) once the mehtod called in the destination machine from server machine it (destination machine) read the document object information and get it is ID and call another method ( ****** ) in Repostiory machine to get the phical doument by id from it.

Note: i have a huge number of documents and i want the server machine to control this operation but without get the document content from repository machine - just get information from it- and the destination connect directly to the repository machine to get the document content for performance issue and secuirty issue, and i want the connection to be synchronous between machine.

My question which is the best technology (Socket or JMS or RMI ) that i should use between machines (******) ?

you can see the attached image.

Regards
Mohd.Weshah
Untitled.png
[Thumbnail for Untitled.png]

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic