• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Hprof analysis features I'd like do they exist already

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Normally I use Visual VM ..

Anyone have a similar tool that has any of these features for working with HProf's...

I'd like to be able to see where the objects where the objects live in terms of "young generation" etc 9is that info in a hprof ?). We seem to have tools that show you how these areas are filled and tools that show you what's in memory but you can't really combine the two. (tried various tools, jstat etc)

I'd like to be able to effectively eliminate objects , so in the same way I can query the hprof in Visual VM with an SQL like language I'd likt to be able to delete references and see what falls out. Example I have a huge global object that roots vast amounts of memory I know it stays the same across the run so I want to say ignore it and show me what I have left (yes similar to sampling but on a hprof I'm manipulating).

The advantage of working on the hprof rather than live sampling is I've found the tools to be to invasive, as an example using jmap can kill my application (conenctions time out), Visual VM's JMX connection creates lots of junk.

I'd like to be garbage collect on a heap. So I'd like to be able to say this is the state of memory now I apply this gc collection type and result is .

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic