Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

I am sorry, but I will no more share any study material in this Forum due to new rules

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have shared everybody few links about GOF design patterns , and I guess that everybody may have so far been benefited. But this forum leader apparently deleted the post saying that it is ADVERTISING. I have nothing to say about the rule. But advertising must earn something for the person who is doing it. But when I share some content with you guys I do not get anything , but pure happiness that I helped many people out there. I have also shared you guys a huge number of OCMJEA short notes and I surely know that many of you had used it as well. But today comes a day that I felt very upset about what the forum leader has done. He or she should read the content and see if there is any advertising or not. I hope this post will not be removed at least.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Maybe advertising isn't the right word. As I sent you via PM, I recommend sharing these materials in two ways:
1) If you put them on the wiki (https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/SceaOnlineResources) - feel free
2) In answer to someone's recent question asking for help on a design pattern.

When I blog about something, I don't post a new thread in the forum.

Ranil Liyana Arachchige
Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Jeanne,

you could just move the original thread to wiki rather than deleting it , so that everybody who comes to SCEA forum section could have a chance to read it. But instead you just deleted the post.. is that right ?

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have moved this topic to a more appropriate forum - the Ranch Office.

But advertising must earn something for the person who is doing it

Wikipedia wrote:Advertising is a form of communication used to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to take some action with respect to products, ideas, or services.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising)

While the most common purpose of advertising is in order to sell something, it is not necessary for monetary transactions to take place for it to be considered advertising. Consider religious advertising for example, or political advertising.

As for the "new" rules - it seemed that your two posts consisted of nothing but links to your blog. I personally consider this to be an advertisement for your blog, and I consider it a violation of our biggest rule: "be nice".

... you could just move the original thread to wiki rather than deleting it ...

Jeanne, like every member of this site, is a volunteer - everything she does is on her own time out of the goodness of her heart. Sure, she could have created a wiki article for you, and she could have spent several days making it a really great. Or she could have done what she did and moved on to help those who need help.

You have the ability to add articles to the wiki just as easily as Jeanne. For that matter, you could have posted your entire design patterns information in our wiki or on Wikipedia, or on c2.

Ranil Liyana Arachchige
Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ok , fine . I have got one question just to make my self more clear. What about putting a link to someone's personal blog entry in the profile of that person ? every time when you post a reply or a new post that blog link would be visible. And anybody can click the link and it will take him to that personal blog. Does this fall in to the category of advertising or not ?. Based on your explanation it seems it is also a sort of advertising...

Trailboss
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi.

I am the mighty, supreme commander of all that is coderanch. I alone will decide what is okay and what is not okay. And frankly this whole thread is taking the wrong tone.

I looked at the thread in question and it was blatant advertising.

I think that if you start a new thread on a TOPIC and then talk about it a bit, and then say "I wrote a bunch more on my blog" with a link to your blog .... THAT would seem like somebody interacting with the coderanch community. What you posted is just spam. And we delete all spam. Good job Jeanne!

If you don't like the way I run my site you are welcome to go somewhere else.

I'm closing this thread because the whole tone of it is disrespectful to me and the staff.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic