• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Which (libraries,other software) do you recommend for certification(serverside&clientside) security?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I used EJBCA(http://ejbca.org/) with Glassfish. Is there any Oracle technology about it?
There is very little information about it online.

Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you trying to setup a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to issue digital certificates? If so, EJBCA is one of the two best free and open-source software (FOSS) products for this. If all you're looking for is a Java library to do certificate-based authentication within your applications, then BouncyCastle is probably the best FOSS for that.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

David Scholl
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Arshad Noor wrote:Are you trying to setup a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to issue digital certificates? If so, EJBCA is one of the two best free and open-source software (FOSS) products for this. If all you're looking for is a Java library to do certificate-based authentication within your applications, then BouncyCastle is probably the best FOSS for that.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

Thank you!
It is not important to be open-source. Can you list other technologies which i can use in java projects? What about Oracle's approach?

Arshad Noor
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
We stopped using commercial software more than 10 years ago in our business (with the exception of two minor, little-used products for accounting and image-manipulation). We've built our company on open-source and only produce open-source software; so, unfortunately, I cannot provide you any information on commercial software that provides equivalent value to FOSS.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic