• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

FrontMan - Getting GET Parameters

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm trying to simply retrieve a GET parameter in a URL, and I can't seem to figure out how it's done using FrontMan.

I've got a link on a page to http://localhost:8888/command/ViewPool?id=98f97c30-398b-11e1-b86c-0800200c9a66

In an attempt to retrieve the value of id, I make the following call:

var is always null, regardless of which ScopedContext enum value I use, so I don't think that's the problem. I would assume that GET request parameters should be in the REQUEST ScopedContext. In any case, what am I doing wrong? Why can't I get the value?

Thanks!

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Parameters are not scoped variables. You get parameters from the request instance with getParameter() just like anywhere else. Remember, the whole idea of FrontMan is to help you do the tough stuff more easily -- not to replace the standard ways of doing things with just another proprietary way of doing it.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic