• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCMJEA Resubmission

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am new to this group. I submitted my assignment in October 2011 and gave my essay exam in December 2011. I got 118 / 160 but in the result they have published as failed. I have contacted oracle and they told me that since I have got only 14 in deployment diagram where I should have got 17 to clear the exam they have graded me as failed. No where in the assignment they have mentioned about this criteria. Any how I resubmitted the entire assignment by modifying the deployment diagram alone because oracle told me to modify only the deployment diagram by paying $300. I have resubmitted my assignment in 28 December 2011. But still I haven't got my results. Any idea why I haven't got my results yet?.

Regards,
Xavier

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to CodeRanch!

Last year, Oracle added a minimum score per section. We've documented it in the FAQ for this forum.

As far as hearing back, you resubmitted less than a month ago. Oracle doesn't normally grade that fast. In fact, I'm surprised you got the result so soon after taking the essay exam. Usually people submit parts 2 and 3 closer together.

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X jQuery Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It took me 10 days in order to get my results in pearson site after my resubmission

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi ,

I am doing my part 2 assignment, In the assignment they have asked to integrate the JMS application into my project. and also given the In house pricing system and external inventroy system both are accessed using webservices. Do i need to show the external systems in the class diagram ?? or is it okay to add comment the class diagram ???

Also let me know, how to show these systems in the deployment diagram. I have attached my deployment diagram. Please suggest which one i can use or let me know changes required in my deployment diagram.

PFA

Thanks
Rahula.
Filename: deployment1.bmp
File size: 973 Kbytes

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
check my reply at https://coderanch.com/t/560716/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Suggestions-OCMJEA-part-resubmission-class

Rahula Krishnan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you so much hari. I am clear about class diagram.

In my assignment i have In house pricing system(its means its inside the LAN??? i am not sure) , it should be shown outside the application server or inside the application server? And also if we are integrating the JMS application, is it neccessary to be in our application server?

if we are showing the system link from the application server as shown in the Fig A , it means it inside the LAN or outside the LAN external system ??? I saw the same in the mark cade book.
Please clarify.

PFA

Thanks,
Rahula.
Filename: deployment1.bmp
File size: 973 Kbytes

shekar hari
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
if "in-house pricing system" is within the same company/organization then it can be within the network, but it could be on different server. It is not necessary that JMS application is within the same app server. You can put your findings/assumptions in your notes/assumptions section.

Rahula Krishnan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Great !!! so can i show as below

------------------------------
| application server |
| |
---------------------------
|
|
|
|
------------------------------
| pricing system |
| |
---------------------------

Thanks,
Rahula

shekar hari
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, I think so....it was my advise. You are architecting a solution, you should be the master of it.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic