• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Struts validation

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all I am working on a struts application and have come to point where I am having some difficulties. I have a page that displays billing and shipping information as well as listing items for an order. My question is the following:
How can I add validation to work given the manner in which I have set up the page and the second part is does the manner in which I have set up the page make sense ?

The page has the billing information listed and it is static in one table. Right beside that table is the shipping information. It starts off static but if the user clicks on edit shipping information they are given the same page back except now the fields for shipping information are editable. My problem is when trying to add validation using the orderForm validate method. The idea seems to work fine if there is something that will validate to start with, but it does not work if the field was blank to start with, or it the field contains data that won't pass validation (Data from old orders wasn't as stringient(sp) as data from new ones). Any ideas or suggestions ? I know I haven't given a vast amount of information, but I thought it would be easier to start with something simple and add as required for clarification.

thanks in advance.
[ July 18, 2007: Message edited by: A knibbs ]

WARNING! Do not activate jet boots indoors or you will see a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic