• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

maven cannot access javax.annotation.PostConstruct

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hello all!

I am trying to build a war project. and on compile it gives me this error:

[compiler:compile] Compiling 432 source files to C:\Beta\ECORP5\ECORP5-web\target\classes ------------------------------------------------------------- COMPILATION ERROR : ------------------------------------------------------------- \Beta\fin\fin-web\src\main\java\com\comp\fin\utils\Formatter.java:[23,-1] cannot access javax.annotation.PostConstruct bad class file: C:\Beta\fin\fin-web\target\endorsed\javaee-endorsed-api-6.0.jar(javax/annotation/PostConstruct.class) class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0 1 error

I am not able to get rid of this error. I am using java 6 and jdk 1.5 here is my POM.xml or part of it without unrelated stuff:

I am using NetBeans IDE to create an ear project and this is the POM of the war module. I am building it separately. I dont think that should be a problem.

I will appreciate if some one can tell me what is wrong here that it gives this error.

On a side note: When i created the Maven Ear project it was using JavaEE 6 so the war module was also using JEE6 but when i added some files in the webApp directory of the war module the JEE version changed in the war module properties to Java EE 1.4 I dont know how it is doing that and why or which file is making it change on module level.

Thanks Syed..

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Try setting the compiler plugin to 1.6. This message seems to be saying that the annotation processor is a 1.6 class, which you're trying to mix with 1.5 compiled classes.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic