• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Struts 1.3.8 and HTML

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I would like to know what HTML version is supported by struts 1.3.8 ? Or does the HTML version has any dependency on the Struts Version?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Dear ,If you working HTML in Struts Frameworks its supports HTML Version

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Bora, Struts is just a framework used for preparing HTML (if used). We can very well use normal HTML tags in JSP's. Only concern is if we are using struts tags exclusively, then it prepares HTML tags based on HTML 4 spec. For example, if we use struts html tag likethen struts internally interprets this HTML text tag for us and prepares something like It is always the browser at the client end which renders the HTML elements. To me there should not be any dependency, but of course the struts (1.x) tags which prepares these HTML tags cannot create all HTML 5 type code until we provide a code/tag to do so. We can verify the HTML tag implementations that it supports by looking into the tld file (example, struts-html.tld)

Pallav Bora
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Shankar Tanikella
Your response helps. However I looked in to html TLD and also the sourse code of a tag library class. I did not see any HTML version mentioned. Do you have any suggestion here?

Shankar Tanikella
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Bora,
As you would have seen the HTML tags are all basic one's. Since the release date time period of 1.3 falls under the version HTML 4 time period it is just a guess that it would be of version 4 itself. If I am right, later the development of Struts 1.3 is no more done when Struts 2 (a new/merged/something else) framework came to existence and proven to be better than the earlier. However, we can shed some light (if possible), if you let us know in what context you need to know the HTML version? What is the actual problem statement?

Pallav Bora
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Shankar !

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic