• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JTA - what actions can be managed by transaction?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What can be transacted by JTA transactions with UserTransaction and container managed transaction?
I know for sure that all call (statements) to data base and also sending and receiving IMS messages can be performed in bounderies od transaction which allow two withdraw those action on rollback. In the beginning I thought that everything (all methods) included in scope of transaction (begin() commit() ) is a part of taht transaction and can be rolled back. But I made an example of remote client application (distributed transaction) which was conceting with a stateful EJB on my server (JBoss) and was callig methods of that bean in transaction mode (UserTransaction started on client side). This methods were simply changing values of beans fields (stateful bean !). It is working fine in standard way but when I change commit() at the end of the transaction into "rollback()" this action is not drawing back called earlier methods. The bean fields remain changed by methods as there was no "rollback()" invokation in my code. Is it normal? JTA transactions don't influence EJB methods that are not connected with JDBC and JMS operations?

Witold Marshal
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Does anyone know something?

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic