• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

when am getting a task how should I approach it ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
I have recently joined a Tier1 Company and am awaiting for my first task where am going to work in a web technology with spring as base framework. My question is when am getting a task how should I approach it to bring a better solution. Suggest me how should I approach and break the task into smaller pieces. And do share your experience of the same.Thanks in advance
I would like to add one more point am just a beginner in coding am not very sound enough. All I have is confidence that I can do it. Please suggest your ideas to improve the same.

Ranch Hand
MySQL Database Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Use basic software eng. approach or modify it to suite your needs.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's hard to answer this without an example because every task is different. In general think of the smallest thing you could do that would make some sort of progress. Since you mentioned Spring and web, a first step could be to bring up an empty page at the desired URL. This sets up some of your wiring. Then call a back end API if it exists. (Or write it.) Then hook it up to the front end. Rinse and repeat.

Since you are new, you could ask someone more experienced there if they could sit with you for 30 minutes and work out how to split up the task. There are likely dependencies on an existing code base that someone on the team would know about.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic