• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

max-heap-size of greater than 256m causes JWS to restart

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
If you enable the Java Console, and then start up the following JNLP, the console comes up and the warning comes up about the digital signature cannot be verified. Clicking Run closes the console and the warning, and then the console and the warning come up again. Clicking Run again then starts the program. If you reduce the max-heap-size to 256m or below, you only get asked once. Is there a way to use a max-heap-size of greater than 256m and have the console and the warning come up once only?

Sheriff
Netbeans IDE Oracle Firefox Browser
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, Sam, and welcome to the Ranch!

I have a web-start application with max-heap-size set to 1024m, and even when I turn on the console, the signature warning appears only once. Can you reproduce the issue on another computer?

Sam Lalani
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry, I had missed one line in the JNLP which needs to be there for the warning to appear twice, as long as you do not check the checkbox to "always trust content from this publisher". That one line is the <property> tag, like:

<property name="test" value="test"/>

Also, the <security> tag asking for all-permissions is important for my app. If I delete any one of the three items (max-heap-size, the security tag, or the property tag), the signature warning only appears once. Thanks for looking into this issue, I appreciate it. And yes, I can reproduce the issue on another computer. I can provide the link to the actual JNLP and the app I use but because it requires all permissions I don't think anyone would want to run it, and so I just provide an example. The app that I am using for testing is a very small one that does nothing other than display a frame.

So the whole JNLP is as follows:

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic