• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Spring MVC Portlet - session attribute required exception

Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
HI,

I have a portlet developed using Spring MVC portlet. Recently we are seeing a lot of exceptions to get the command object from the session.
The exception is "Session attribute 'commondObjectName' required - not found in session".
We can not reproduce this in any of our local environments. This happens only in production. We can't find an exact test-case to reproduce it. Once we were able to reproduce it from FireFox browser but at the same time were not able to reproduce the same exception using other browsers (IE, chrome). One more thing, even if you see this exception in the log, nothing gets wrong on the page. The user experience is fine. It's just that the log file is getting cluttered with this exception and wants to get rid of it.

Does any one have any idea about this exception?

Thanks,

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Maria Laxmi wrote:HI,

I have a portlet developed using Spring MVC portlet. Recently we are seeing a lot of exceptions to get the command object from the session.
The exception is "Session attribute 'commondObjectName' required - not found in session".
We can not reproduce this in any of our local environments. This happens only in production. We can't find an exact test-case to reproduce it. Once we were able to reproduce it from FireFox browser but at the same time were not able to reproduce the same exception using other browsers (IE, chrome). One more thing, even if you see this exception in the log, nothing gets wrong on the page. The user experience is fine. It's just that the log file is getting cluttered with this exception and wants to get rid of it.

Does any one have any idea about this exception?

Thanks,

I've the same setup, spring MVC portlet on liferay running on weblogic 10.3.5 and getting the same error "Session attribute ' ' required - not found in session"...I dont get this error if I choose to work with tomcat or weblogic 9.2.
Please help with the solution you have tried.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic