• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Time gap difference between Part 2 and Part 3?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I would like to know after uploading Part 2, in how much time we need to submit Part 3? And in overall SCEA certification, should all the parts be finished in 1 year?

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
During my time when i brought the voucher in 2009 - there was no time limit in terms of when i need to appear in part 1, part 2 and part 3...i first brought only part 1.
I appeared in part 1 during 2009. But finished part 2 and part 3 in early 2011 only. When i was in a doubt-i sent an email to Sun and got a response that there is no validity related issue.

But i keep on hearing from some folks that there is a validity period(expiry time for the voucher) from Oracle/Sun - may be some folks might have got some discounted vouchers which might be having some strict terms and conditions....but when i got the part 1 voucher in 2009-it has retake facility but no restrictions in terms of validity...later when Sun was acquired by Oracle...i called in to check on this and they were telling me that i need to finish within a year otherwise buy another voucher...i sent the email i got from Sun and then they(Oracle) honored it.....

So when in doubt-check with them.

Ideally one should appear for part 3 within a week. Part 3 is to make sure that it's you who have done part 2 and how you can defend your architecture decisions. If anybody takes more time - it might simply raise a doubt in the evaluator's mind that "hey part 2 is done by somebody else".
i uploaded my assignment and appeared for part 3 on the same day. Some of my friends(who cleared SCEA5) in fact appeared for part 3 first and within a week uploaded the assignment. Remember part 2 and part 3 are always graded together. So it's a matter of convenience sometimes....
Moreover more time gap you have between part 2 and part 3 - the more time it will take to get the end results. And believe me some of my friends who waited for around 3-6 months for their end results were having sleepless nights to hear about their results.

Amandeep Singh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
this is helpful response. thanks.

Now oracle sells coupons that expire in 1 year.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic