• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Moderating forums

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ,

I am using jForum 2.1.6 and have few customizations done.
I have a requirement wherein a moderator is required to moderate a certain forum.
The moderator has to moderate only the questions and not the replies.
I have followed the below steps and the moderation doesnt seem to work.

1) logged in as adminstrator and created a forum and checked the Moderate Forum -YES option.
2) Logged in as a different user and posted a question on which a message was displayed that the forum was being moderated and the user has to wati until the moderater approves it.
3)Logged in as admin again navigated to the forum and clicked on open moderation link,But no questions are present there. I dont have a clue whers the posted topic. It exsists in the DB though.

Am I doing something wrong? or is it bug which is not displaying the topic?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
NG
[originally posted on jforum.net by naraharig]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
When a forum is "Moderation enabled", all messages sent by "regular" users need to be approved by a moderator first - one user who has the role "Can approve messages" enabled, at Admin Panel -> Groups -> Permissions. If an user is considered "Moderator", his messages will enter directly in the forum, not being necessary to approve it.

After a regular user send a message, he should receive a message saying that it is pending for moderation. Then, a moderator goes to the respective forum and there should be a new section displaying the pending messages.

"Open moderation" it's used only for performing tasks like Move, Delete and Block topics.

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]

These are not the droids you are looking for. Perhaps I can interest you in a tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic