• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JForum and Integration

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey everybody!

I�m considering to integrate JForum in my company application instead to develop a new tool.
It�s a University and I�m implementing some kind of online education. JForum would be a way to interact students and teachers(Nowadays I have other tools to do that too). But I don't want to have a toll out of my current application, I would like JForum as a part of my application. All administration issues I would have in my application, and JForum just to fo a forum interaction.
My current application is using JSF, EJB3 and Hibernate.

Is it possible? Or am I just dreaming?
Am I violating any lincense rules?

Best regards,
Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Nunes]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You may integrate the JForum administration interface within your own admin. How it will work depends of how much integration you need - aka, is a link to JForum admin enough? The main issue is that, in order to administer JForum, you have to log in as an JForum Administrator. SSO may do the trick.

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Rafael Steil wrote:
You may integrate the JForum administration interface within your own admin. How it will work depends of how much integration you need - aka, is a link to JForum admin enough? The main issue is that, in order to administer JForum, you have to log in as an JForum Administrator. SSO may do the trick.

In fact I need to avoid user to use the JForum Adminstration page. I will have just two kinds of user in forum, one of them will just intereact(read and reply messages), and other kind will have administration privileges(create forum, block users, and so on) but all the administration issue I have to do in my own application.

Some things I already done, like create a forum, create group, etc. All I did is created a Fa�ade(with an EJB) that interacts with the ForumAction.

I am have little troubles to understand the rules of group roles, but that�s ok, I think I will can integrate as I would like.

Ps:Am I violating any license rules?
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Nunes]

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic