• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

An error has occurred in Admin Control Panel

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi guys,

i�ve the following issue.

it�s jforum 2.1.8 with postgres 8.3 running

but i get a error-message in the Admin Control Panel:

---
An error has occurred.

For detailed error information, please see the HTML source code, and contact the forum Administrator.

java.sql.SQLException: FEHLER: Operator existiert nicht: timestamp without time zone integer
---

so i can�t see the the "Version Information", "Forum Statistics" and "Who is online"

apart from that jforum is running very well, if i install it with a mysql-database

do somebody know to solve this problem?

i would be delighted to get a answer

[originally posted on jforum.net by sechmolly]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
First, you need to look at your application server logs to see more detailed information. However, since it says it's a SQL Exception and mentions a Timestamp error, I'll make a few guesses here.

Make sure your using the correct JDBC library for your version of PostGres. jForum uses prepared statements to access the DB. It's the JDBC driver's responsibility to convert a Java Date object to the correct SQL format for your DB server. Date handling is one place that many servers are making syntax changes to become more SQL standards compliant. Old JDBC drivers may not match the new server standards (and vice versa).

It could also be that there is a version specific problem with the table creation scripts (column type defined wrong and the like). Sometimes this can be related to Database/Table default settings that need to be overridden at a column level. (e.g., defining that a timestamp field should use the server Timezone.)

It might also be that one or more SQL queries are not correct for your DB version. The log file should give more indication about where the error is occuring. This can be used to track it down to the query defined in the postgres.sql or generic.sql config files.
[originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic