• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Web administrative tool for reindexing posts is broken

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've just started out learning JForum, and I've been playing around with the administrative interface, and I've noticed that part of the Administrative interface doesn't work. If you delete the indexes, or they become corrupted in any way, you would expect the admin panel to allow you to regenerate the entire index from the posts stored in the database. When you run the reindexing job in these circumstances, it appears to finish without any problems, and yet when you run a search, you get no results. At the very least it should tell you how many posts were reindexed - or give you some form of error message.

So I had a look at the code, and have found out what the problem is. Here is the class in question (I think)..

The problem appears to be that this class loads the messages out of the index in order to reindex them. This doesn't make any sense if the index has been moved, lost or corrupted - what it should do is load the posts from the database before reindexing them.

I was wondering if anybody knew why this class functions in the way that it does? I'm going to modify it myself, locally, so it loads the posts from the DB, and so it provides a bit more debugging information; but if theres something I've missed, or misunderstood then this could be wasted effort.

Thanks
[originally posted on jforum.net by jsp1611]

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I can't remember all the details but I know that there have been various problems with the Lucene indexing that was first released in 2.1.8. I know that there are various threads and fixes suggested by Raphael (the main Jforum programmer) in the forums somewhere.
[originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]

You can thank my dental hygienist for my untimely aliveness. So tiny:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic