• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

mapping oracle defined complex type in jdeveloper

Village Idiot
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all

I am deving a BPEL SOAP service in jdeveloper. I am getting the following error right now:

Here is the procedure signature I am trying to invoke:

The issue seems to be with p_expanded IN VARCHAR_TBL_TYPE (this is just a table of varchar2's)

I know because if I remove that param and redeploy a bpel with everything but that input, it works.
When I invoke and check my BPEL flow, the xml in the invoke action looks like this:

So is what form should that XMl take to correctly invoke the pl sql procedure? I know this is a somewhat indirect question, but if I know what form that xml should take to successfully invoke the procedure I have above, I am sure I can rearrange the xsd files to make it happen. I am just not sure how to invoke a pl sql procedure from a soap service when it uses this datatype - I even have it working with the user defined complex types that are the out params, but this oracle defined data type is giving me trouble...

Matt Kohanek
Village Idiot
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So my problem was in the xsd file:

where it has
db:type="Array"
I had left that as
db:type="VARCHAR2"

so of course there was a type mismatch - no way anyone could've guessed that from my post above heh
Thanks

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic