• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Getting File Not Found Exception

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am trying to upload a file to a ftp using sftp. when i try to upload the same file within an interval of 10 sec it behaves abnormaly.
It shows upload status as true for 2 attempts but shows the following logs with another attempt:

+++ Exception generated : com.sshtools.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.getHandleResponse(Unknown Source)
com.sshtools.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.openFile(Unknown Source)
com.sshtools.j2ssh.SftpClient.put(Unknown Source)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.uploadCSVToFtp(FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:92)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.UploadProcessBusinessService.uploadParsedCSVFile(UploadProcessBusinessService.java:200)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.UploadProcessBusinessService.run(UploadProcessBusinessService.java:180)
com.hds.sei.threadpool.SubTPRunnable.run(SubTPRunnable.java:54)
com.hds.sei.threadpool.SystemThreadPool$TimedRunnable.run(SystemThreadPool.java:34)
com.hds.sei.threadpool.SimpleThreadPoolThread.run(SimpleThreadPoolThread.java:51)

CSV file Location for upload to FTP : D:/csv
ERROR 2012-05-18 12:19:50,143 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:108) - ====Exception : File not found

When i look into the location for file to upload to ftp, it exists at that location.Please help me with the cause for this exception and a resolution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kamal

Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the Ranch

Please check that the file is accessible and that you have read permission on it. If you try to read a write-only file, or the file is locked by another application, for example, you suffer the same sort of exception.

Kamal Bindra
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Campbell,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I tried to find the file permissions and found that it has both read and write permissions.
I am getting the same logs.

INFO 2012-05-21 11:16:10,876 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:85) - fileLocation2 is : D:\csv\1-98T567.csv
INFO 2012-05-21 11:16:10,876 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:88) - File2 exists...
INFO 2012-05-21 11:16:10,876 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:92) - Can Read.........
INFO 2012-05-21 11:16:10,876 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:96) - Can Write.........
ERROR 2012-05-21 11:16:14,218 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:111) - +++ Exception generated : com.sshtools.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.getHandleResponse(Unknown Source)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.uploadCSVToFtp(FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:99)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.UploadProcessBusinessService.uploadParsedCSVFile(UploadProcessBusinessService.java:212)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.UploadProcessBusinessService.run(UploadProcessBusinessService.java:182)
com.hds.sei.threadpool.SystemThreadPool$TimedRunnable.run(SystemThreadPool.java:34)
com.hds.sei.threadpool.SimpleThreadPoolThread.run(SimpleThreadPoolThread.java:51)

Folder location for CSV file : /import
ERROR 2012-05-21 11:16:14,218 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:115) - ====Exception : File not found

Please help me with some resolution for this issue.

Thanks,
Kamal

Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I shall move this question because it is too difficult for “beginning”.

Kamal Bindra
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Campbell,

Under which java forum i can find resolution to this issue.

Thanks,
Kamal

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Kamal Bindra wrote:Hi Campbell,

Under which java forum i can find resolution to this issue.

Thanks,
Kamal

The topic still can be seen in original forum (where you've started it - I guess that is 'Beginning Java'), however, when you open the post, you can see in which forum you are by taking a look at top of the first post (currently, the topic is in 'Java in General' forum).

I hope this helps.

Kamal Bindra
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

If anyone can please help me with this issue in this forum.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kamal

Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don’t know myself.
I presume your file is not in use by any other programs? How are you identifying the file? Are you using a file chooser? Can you list the contents of the remote directory?
Apart from that, don’t know. And please don’t keep reminding us of the problem; such reminders do not produce quicker answers.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Kamal Bindra wrote:Hi,

I am trying to upload a file to a ftp using sftp. when i try to upload the same file within an interval of 10 sec it behaves abnormaly.
It shows upload status as true for 2 attempts but shows the following logs with another attempt:

+++ Exception generated : com.sshtools.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.getHandleResponse(Unknown Source)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.uploadCSVToFtp(FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:92)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.UploadProcessBusinessService.uploadParsedCSVFile(UploadProcessBusinessService.java:200)
com.hds.sei.service.impl.UploadProcessBusinessService.run(UploadProcessBusinessService.java:180)

ERROR 2012-05-18 12:19:50,143 (FTPCSVUploadBusinessService.java:108) - ====Exception : File not found

When i look into the location for file to upload to ftp, it exists at that location.Please help me with the cause for this exception and a resolution will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kamal

Hi Kamal,

Did you get any solution for this issue? I have also same issue. But I am getting the same exception when I use SftpClient.ls() method. It works some times and some times it will not work.
Please let me know, if you have any solution.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic