• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need Support books to prepare for the SCEA certifacation

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am intending to prepare for the SCEA certification, but all books I foud are either for 051 or 053 exam codes. I am fearing that those books are not update to fullfill all the new exam requirement (1Z0-864).

Could you please share your experience so I can deal with solution? Could you also suggest me some ebooks, links...

Let's take this example of books Certified-Enterprise-Architect-Study-Guide I was published in 2010! Also, its chapters titles seems not to fetch with the certifacation requirements shown here Certifaction Requirement

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

khalid igorman wrote:Let's take this example of books Certified-Enterprise-Architect-Study-Guide I was published in 2010l]

That is the book. 2010 is only two years ago. Why the shock? The exam code doesn't match because Oracle renamed the exam from Sun to Oracle. As long as you are still talking about the JEE 5 version of the exam, that book is valid.

khalid igorman wrote:Also, its chapters titles seems not to fetch with the certifacation requirements shown here Certifaction Requirement

The topics match the exam objectives - just not the text word for word.

This book is the one I used for the JEE5 version of the exam. It is good and still current for the exam.

khalid igorman
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Jeanne,

Thanks alot for you input. Since you have taken the exam, was this book suffisent? It would be very nice from you if you share your experience.

Thanks again.

Regards
Khalid

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

khalid igorman wrote:Thanks alot for you input. Since you have taken the exam, was this book suffisent? It would be very nice from you if you share your experience.

If you have all the background knowledge already, the book is enough of a review. If not, you need other resources. I explain more in my blog entry.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic