• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

HTTP 404 and Order of display.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I'm designing a small application using struts. I have the following part of code in my Login.jsp

From the above code , I'm expecting the content in bold to be displayed after Submit and Cancel buttons. but its actually displaying on top of the table.

Also, I created the jsp page UserRegistration.jsp in a folder "views" in WEB-INF folder and is referring to it as /WEB-INF/views/UserRegistration.jsp which I guess is legal and valid. But when I click on the hyperlink "Click here to register.." , I'm getting HTTP 404 error. But when I move this jsp out of views folder and place it outside of WEB-INF it is working fine, if I change page attribute to "/UserRegistration.jsp" of <html:link> element.

Please clarify me on this.

Ranch Hand
Scala Monad Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Schandha Ravi:
I'm expecting the content in bold to be displayed after Submit and Cancel buttons. but its actually displaying on top of the table.

Also, I created the jsp page UserRegistration.jsp in a folder "views" in WEB-INF folder and is referring to it as /WEB-INF/views/UserRegistration.jsp which I guess is legal and valid. But when I click on the hyperlink "Click here to register.." , I'm getting HTTP 404 error. But when I move this jsp out of views folder and place it outside of WEB-INF it is working fine, if I change page attribute to "/UserRegistration.jsp" of <html:link> element.

Please clarify me on this.

Place the html:link inside a "td" tag. If possible use "colspan" attribute of td (since other rows has two columns). (HTML thing)

Originally posted by Schandha Ravi:
Also, I created the jsp page UserRegistration.jsp in a folder "views" in WEB-INF folder and is referring to it as /WEB-INF/views/UserRegistration.jsp which I guess is legal and valid. But when I click on the hyperlink "Click here to register.." , I'm getting HTTP 404 error.

Any files under WEB-INF cannot be accessed directly by the client. You can use those in server-side includes and forwards. (core servlet thing). If you want the page to be used in hyperlinks, the page should be available outside WEB-INF.

Schandha Ravi
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hey Madasamy,

Gotcha..... I missed this point. Thanks for letting me remind the basics .
[ March 25, 2008: Message edited by: Schandha Ravi ]

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic