• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

What is Roo???

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I beg pardon for the lack of knowledge...but would like to know what is Roo.. is it an additional feature in Spring or something else? Can i get some references where i can read about it?

author
Mac OS X Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Anurag Verma wrote:I beg pardon for the lack of knowledge...but would like to know what is Roo.. is it an additional feature in Spring or something else? Can i get some references where i can read about it?

Anurag,

There is a lot of literature about it. You can download our first chapter for free at Manning's Spring Roo in Action page, which goes through what Roo is for. Also, take a look at the project home page, which references a lot of source literature, including the user guide, which is also pretty good at pointing out the basics, as well as a video or two, Roo in 15 minutes, and more.

It's basically a tool that allows you to create and update a project with features without hand-wiring them yourself. For example, it sets up JPA, Web MVC, etc...

Ken

That is a really big piece of pie for such a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic