• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Am I in time for prepare and pass SCWCD5 (1Z0-858) ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Hello

May be my questions will seem you strange, but... Do you know :

1. how many time will be available SCWCD5 ? 2-3 months or 1 year or more ? I would want to take the SCWCD certification but have a book only for SCWCD version 5 and not 6...

2. how many time (on the average) candidates spend to prepare to SCWCD5 ? If i'll study 1 hour at day, how many months i need to prepare to the exam ?

Thank you in advance,

Dmitri.

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Dmitri Cherkas wrote:1. how many time will be available SCWCD5 ? 2-3 months or 1 year or more ? I would want to take the SCWCD certification but have a book only for SCWCD version 5 and not 6...

I did not understand the first question properly. Do you want to know for how long SCWCD 5 will be around? In that case, I guess only Oracle can answer that.
Now, regarding the time required - it totally depends. Generally it shouldn't take more than 15-20 weeks (if you are doing it side by side with your job), but again, it totally depends on how comfortable you are with it, and how useful it would be.
I would highly suggest to give SCWCD 6 instead of 5. You can check with people who have cleared version 6 about how they studied, what material they used etc. But giving an old version of exam - even if a newer version being available - doesn't make any sense to me.

Dmitri Cherkas wrote:2. how many time (on the average) candidates spend to prepare to SCWCD5 ? If i'll study 1 hour at day, how many months i need to prepare to the exam ?

Again, that depends on lot of things - are you somebody who knows Servlet/JSP in and out? Or are you somebody who doesn't know anything about 'web'? How many pages can you read in one hour? How many of them can you understand?
What I'm trying to say is - I don't know anything about your knowledge level regarding Servlet/JSP, so it is really difficult to answer that question.
Also, there is this vicious cycle of - less time you study every day, longer you have to study, and more time you have to remember things. So, there's no definite answer for this.

Finally, my advice would be - if you are not going to use Servlet/JSP in your day to day work, think again about why do you want to go for this certification.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic