• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Production support regarding tickets

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am placed in a small mnc in production support in which i have to resolve the tickets actually it's like you will get an email from the client and after that you will resolve the ticket .and the comapny wants a 2 year bond .

As a fresher is it good for the career . Does it have any scope,any rise . And what about the bond ? Can i break the bond if i get a good opportunity(development side) i live in india . So is breakin a bond illegall??.
Please reply as sion as possible

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Amiti Kapoor,

Welcome to CodeRanch!

Firstly, find some current employees of the company and talk with them. See if you really like the type of work they do. For me, if each ticked involves dealing with interesting code, fixing bad code, writing new code - in short learning something, then its a good opportunity. But if you are doing repetitive kind of work, then you should think about it (of course, its my viewpoint - you'll have to see it for yourself - what do you like and so on).

Secondly, read the bond carefully. If they are asking you for a bond, then it is very much fair to ask them all terms and condition before you sign the joining letter. There are various ways of breaking the bond - some companies simply don't allow you to leave during that period. If you abscond during that period, then company can take a legal action against you. So, this is an illegal way.

However, some companies either take some deposit from employees (which is refundable once you complete the tenure mentioned as 'bond'), or mention that such-and-such amount will be recovered from you if you leave during bond period. So, in this case, if you are willing to pay that amount and leave the company, it is absolutely legal, and company will also give you the experience letter.

I hope this helps.

Amiti Kapoor
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks sir for responding .actually the work involves a client which will send me the request using email and i will open it and will resolve it's ticket the tool i will use will be "ready desk". So i don't know regarding its scope whether it is good for me or bad

And regarding the bond they will first take 35000 rs gron my gurantor and they will hira a lawyor and then in front of him we will sign a2 year bond on stamp paper .Does it hold any value ???.can i still break the bond . Please reply as soon as possible as my joining date will be tomorrow

Amiti Kapoor
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sir ,
Regarding the work it's a new department so far they are only giving training to the employees for it . A 6 months training in which they will give 12000 rs stripen and i talked to my friend as he is selected for that post a month earlier than me .he said only regarding the tickets there will be no working on the source code.

Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Amiti Kapoor wrote:And regarding the bond they will first take 35000 rs gron my gurantor and they will hira a lawyor and then in front of him we will sign a2 year bond on stamp paper .Does it hold any value ???

Yes. Rather, I would say it holds very high value. When you sign anything written on stamp paper, you are legally bound to follow that, otherwise, a legal action can be taken against you.

Amiti Kapoor wrote:can i still break the bond . Please reply as soon as possible as my joining date will be tomorrow

Frankly speaking, I can't answer that. It depends on what are the clauses in the bond. Do they provide facility to leave the job before bond period for a price of compensation? Also, you can check out these things in your contract.

Amiti Kapoor wrote:Regarding the work it's a new department so far they are only giving training to the employees for it . A 6 months training in which they will give 12000 rs stripen and i talked to my friend as he is selected for that post a month earlier than me .he said only regarding the tickets there will be no working on the source code.

Again, as I've already said, its totally your call. Only you can take this decision.

Amiti Kapoor
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you sir for responding . I am really thankful to you .

I just want to know does this job have any rise ???.. I know it is my call but i am a fresher sir . I dont have a singke clue regarding the scope of production support . Whenever i asked my friend he gives me a negative response about the work(he is also fresher). So please guide me regarding this.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
We can't possibly know how this is going to work out, as we know neither the company nor you. What did the people at the company say when you asked them these questions? If their answer wasn't to your satisfaction, then I'd say that's a bad sign. If they didn't say anthing (or you didn't ask them, and can't ask them now), then all you have to go by is what your friend says.

Amiti Kapoor
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks all for the reply .i just wanted to know if there is any rise in production support.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic