• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem when using Struts 2.3.4 with portlet

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,

i just upgraded struts 2 from 2.2.3 to 2.3.4 and found a problem, tried a night to fix but still no idea... Anyone can help ??

my application is written in portlet, which use Jsr168Dispatcher of struts2-portlet-plugin-2.3.4.jar. Everything was fine before upgrade but it does not work after changing struts version.

portlet.xml
<portlet>
<portlet-name>abcportlet</portlet-name>
<portlet-class>org.apache.struts2.portlet.dispatcher.Jsr168Dispatcher</portlet-class>
<init-param>
<name>portletNamespace</name>
<value>/abcportlet</value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<name>viewNamespace</name>
<value>/view</value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<name>defaultViewAction</name>
<value>input</value>
</init-param>
[...]
</portlet>

struts.xml
<package name="abcportletView" namespace="/abcportlet/view" extends="struts-portlet-default">
<action name="updateForm" method="updateForm" class="xyz.myActionClass">
[...]

jsp
<s:form id="sampleForm" name="sampleForm" action="updateForm" namespace="" theme="css_xhtml" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" >
[...]
</s:form>

Problem 1 - Resolved
default action input will show the jsp, inside the jsp having a submit button to submit the form with action "updateForm".

My first problem is: after the submit, it said invalid action /abcportlet/updateForm.action, which i does not have action extension in my application. i have originally configured to put extension as blank, with the following config value in struts.xml, but it seems changed the logic of reading that...

<constant name="struts.action.extension" value="" />

From reference, i changed to the following:

<constant name="struts.action.extension" value="," />

then, it seems working...

Problem 2
another problem comes...

09:39:31,349 ERROR [jsp:154] Unable to locate action mapping for request, probably due to an invalid action path: /abcportlet/updateForm - [unknown location]

Anyone can help ??? wanna see if it is my configuration problem using new version of struts or it is a bug in struts 2.3.4 ?? Thanks thanks !!!

E. Tse
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
seems no one have experience in using struts 2 in portlets ?? if so, can you recommend me which forum can be a good place in asking these kind of question ? as it is urgent, i need to resolve it asap. thanks !

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic