• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problems migrating to Tomcat 7

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all!!

I'm migrating to Tomcat 7 a web system that used to run on Tomcat 4...

So far, I've been able to sort out all of the issues I've faced, but I'm stuck at one point. When a page loads in Tomcat 4, it goes and fetches the stylesheet from the server with a link of the form

But on Tomcat 7, the parent directory indirection is removed, and I can't seem to find the way to prevent this from happening!

What confuses me more, is that when Tomcat generates the *_jsp.java files, both 4 and 7 versions generate a line of code like this one:

So i can't figure out why the rendering process is removing the '../' bit of the link!

Has anyone faced this problem before? I haven't found any parent directory restriction configuration or something that would point me in that direction.

Thanks for your time and help!!

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
We need more context. Tomcat doesn't render pages. The closest it comes is code generated by the JSP compiler (jasper), and you seem to be saying that there's no problem with that.

If you're working with some other framework that does generate code, such as Struts, we need to know what it is.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic