• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

RMI

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ,
I'm new to java. I trying RMI concept in jsp. in that i defined the server and client as method where we can pass parameter host name and port.
when i invoking the server and client method from another jsp it works fine for first time. but when invoking second time it says
"remote exceptionjava.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 3232; nested exception is:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
",
I dont know how to resolve it , please give some ideas...

Thanks in advance...

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to the JavaRanch. It's a good idea to show us your code and indicate where the error occurred so we have some idea as to what you are doing (see our FAQ: HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch)
My wild guess would be that you are invoking Registry.bind() more than once. Once bound, a remote object is available until it is removed from the registry with a call to unbind().
And why would you mix RMI with servlets?

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

saravanan palanivel wrote:when i invoking the server and client method from another jsp it works fine for first time. but when invoking second time...

That appears to say that you are starting the RMI server from a JSP. Is that really true? It sounds to me like an extremely strange way to run a server. And if it is true, then naturally starting the server a second time, when it is already running, is going to lead to that error message.

Put the moon back where you found it! We need it for tides and poetry and stuff. Like this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic