• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

help! Any knows a java book that has a topic for screen scrapping?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Everyone, I have been reading Head First Java and almost about to finish the book(I'm planning to read "Effective Java" after finishing the HFJ). I know that I'm still lacking in experience, that is why I decided to apply for a job.

they have given me a test and ask if I could create a small java program that will do the following
-harvest the information in a website.
-login to the website and
-do transaction in the website.

I have been reading the htmlunit api for week and searching in google for the topics. I have been banging my head in front of my pc but I still can't connect to their given website. I need to setup my program that will use a proxy because the site is not available in my country. I still need to learn alot and wanted to try if I could create their requested program.

Can anyone suggest a book that has a thorough explanation about screen scrapping? any comment or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks!

I got this tall by not having enough crisco in my diet as a kid. This ad looks like it had plenty of shortening:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic