• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

soap response and xpath

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,

I'm wondering that can i use xpath for soap response. I mean i want to take only spesific parameters on my soap request, not all soap request xml. Is that possible?
I've searched about that but where i look, i see that xpath used with soap response when all the response got and then they parsed some values. I don't want that.

Or is there any other technologies allow me to do that. My problem is some of my soap response's are too big that i get timeout. I'm trying to prevent that problem and get the only neccessary part of response envelope.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
If you can't even get a full response then there's very little you can do about that on the client side. If this was my problem I'd start by investigating why you're getting a timeout - is the server slow, is the network slow, can you request less data, etc. It helps if you can work with the creator of that web service on this issue.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic