• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Good Bye World!

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
It is with a great sadness that I have to call an end to my Java career at thirty before ever getting to use my skills. I recently had my fourth brain surgery in 2 years to remove a new tumor. Very little is known about brain tumors so I wrote an article on how my whole life seems to have taken a nasty turn since my youth due to lack of information on tumors. I know God isn't what everyone believe in and I apologize, but I suggest you read an article I wrote about cancer here I shall maybe pursue SEO and HTML only, but I am taking down my siteas I can't pursue and keep up Java anymore. I don't want pity and want to thank all in this community for helping me achieve some success. You can help me by spreading the word on lesser known cancers like brain tumors that recieve little to no media or celebrity attention. Thank you Kathy and Bert for HF Java. How I managed to get 4 vendor certifications with an orange sized tumor in my head defies logic. I do a lot of cancer research now and you can follow me on FB on same name or twitter @thejartender

X X X Yucca

Sheriff
Mac IntelliJ IDE Python VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That's a tough hand to have been dealt Yucca. Good for you for being able to keep your spirits up! I hope you recover quickly and completely this time. Who knows? Maybe, you'll come back to Java some day.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Yucca,

Our thoughts are with you! I will follow you on twitter.

Best,

Bert

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Yucca Nel wrote:It is with a great sadness that I have to call an end to my Java career at thirty before ever getting to use my skills. I recently had my fourth brain surgery in 2 years to remove a new tumor. Very little is known about brain tumors so I wrote an article on how my whole life seems to have taken a nasty turn since my youth due to lack of information on tumors. I know God isn't what everyone believe in and I apologize, but I suggest you read an article I wrote about cancer here I shall maybe pursue SEO and HTML only, but I am taking down my siteas I can't pursue and keep up Java anymore. I don't want pity and want to thank all in this community for helping me achieve some success. You can help me by spreading the word on lesser known cancers like brain tumors that recieve little to no media or celebrity attention. Thank you Kathy and Bert for HF Java. How I managed to get 4 vendor certifications with an orange sized tumor in my head defies logic. I do a lot of cancer research now and you can follow me on FB on same name or twitter @thejartender

X X X Yucca

Fight back man and get ready for more certifications and projects ! Looks like you are not letting cancer affect you. That's good. Stay that way.
Try not to do too much research on cancer, unless its really required. It will only remind you that you have cancer.

I don't really know if I should say this, but try watching "breaking bad" for some fun and maybe some inspiration. Okay, its only a TV show and the the main guy
(who has the cancer) turns into a successful drug dealer/maker (yeah !). Don't take the drug dealer part seriously though :P

I am really inspired by your strength and success. I want to see you come out of this. Good luck, take care and be with us.

and...we want to see you say this again...

public class YuccaNel
{
public static void main(String[]kickArse)
{
System.out.println(Hello Again World !);
}

}

May god or spaghetti monster (whichever you believe in), be with with you.

Yucca Nel
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Lexington Smith wrote:

Try not to do too much research on cancer, unless its really required.

Firstly thank you for your kind words. One can never research too much when faced with this. In fact, I find it an obligation to my doctors and others faced with this. In doing so, I have stumbled across information irrelevant to me, but relevant to others. There are also many negativities online. People have distrust in medicine (and rightly so). Not because medicine is ineffective, but because there is no transparency. My doctors here in Norway support me here. Doctors are limited by laws. These negativities and fear turn people elsewhere (online) where there is 10 times more dishonesty in the form of scams . I make it my duty to know of these and inform the shockingly-high number of people who hear of these before they are in the double burden position of financial loss and grieving a lost one these monies are better spent on proper research. I just saw a little girl in the UK raise 200 000 GBP to go to a fraudster in the US named "Burzynski". I made it my business to tell them and they told me off. This thug has a YouTube video that fools many people and he is easily exposed by Google-ing in the correct way. I use Google "News" only whilst other people just Google away with real danger.

Recently I heard of a spanish university that eradicated/ reduced brain tumors in mice by using a concentrated cannabis derived compound. I didn't look any further at it as I know most the world has bought into some propaganda on this plant. Months later I saw a video that reignited the topic on YouTube about a guy in Canada that makes an oil that cures cancer gives it for free nad I tried exposing Him as a scam. I couldn't no matter how hard I tried! So, I intensified my search and came up with a video on BBC and then this article and then the world's first pharmaceutical company that has been allowed to test and develop medicine derived from the cannabis plant Knowing about the brain, I noted that firstly they have a product in development for me. and many other products aimed at brain disorders. The brain is unlike any other part of the body when it comes to getting medication there as there is a barrier between the blood and brain that makes it difficult. Ironically this also airedwhilst I was in recent surgery. I use this as an illustration of how vital it is to not just sit and do nothing. I am taking this information to my oncologist and asking if he can contact responsible parties or collaborate with them.

Yucca Nel
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Bert Bates wrote:Hi Yucca,

Our thoughts are with you! I will follow you on twitter.

Best,

Bert

Thanks!

Greenhorn
C++ Fedora Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You go Yucca!!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic