Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

What Enterprise exam to start with.

Greenhorn
VI Editor Ruby Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!

I recently passed the OCPJP exam and I want to start learning the JavaEE and I have no previous experience of using the Enterprise Edition and have very limited experience in programming for the web.

My question is, where to start? What JavaEE exam should I take first? For example, would it be more logical to take the Web Services exam before the Web Components? Should I start with JavaBeans?

I need some pointers here, and I would appreciate it if you who know your way around the Enterprise Platform could help me to distinguish the different exams.

Thank you!

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
as you said you have very limited experience in JEE , then i recommend you start with OCEWCD i.e web component developer exam. this will help you in other certifications as well for example EJB. it does not mean that you cannot do EJB certificiation right away after OCPJP but as moderators say all the frameworks like EJB , struts, spring have there base in servlet and jsp so it is better starting from the base and then moving it up. once you have done OCEWCD then you can either go for EJB or for web services.

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please do not cross-post. Thread locked. Discussion can continue here.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic