• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Some doubts from book Apache Axis2 Web Services by Deepal

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Q. I deployed a simple heloworld pojo (given on P.N.104) given below by dropping it into Tomcat and when I tried to access it through the url (http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorld/sayHello?name=Axis2) given in the book, it says "Hello null"!!! But when I changed the 'name' parameter to 'args0' to, then it returned the expected output.
Now my doubt is, why it happened?

Q. There is another example of same class in annotated form given below.

I compiled it through command prompt (no axis2 jar file in classpath but still no error for unrecognized annotations), it compiled silently. And when I dropped it into Tomcat/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/pojo.... I am getting the below message on Tomcat prompt:

What is this?

Please help.

shai ban
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Anybody

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
PatienceIsAVirtue

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
shai ban, your issues is due to Java compilation i.e., you have not turn on debugging when you compile as a result compiled byte code keep method arguments as arg0. arg1 as etc. To solve this, you need to compile with debugging on i.e., with -g option

shai ban
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:shai ban, your issues is due to Java compilation i.e., you have not turn on debugging when you compile as a result compiled byte code keep method arguments as arg0. arg1 as etc. To solve this, you need to compile with debugging on i.e., with -g option

First of all, Thanks a lot Deepal. I never thought that you will join and reply to my post.

About 1st issue, I compiled with javac -g HelloWorld.java and deployed the class file in Tomcat. And when I verified with generated wsdl, it is generating correct argument name this time!!! But still I am totally confused what this options did. It didn't provide any info also on the prompt. Please explain me or provide the link for reference.

And please reply for 2nd issue. I have no idea about it.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This week's book giveaway is in the Spring forum. We're giving away four copies of Spring Integration in Action and have Mark Fisher, Jonas Partner. Hairmax Salon Software

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic