• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How find apiKey ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi
I want to find apiKey of my program that i use google map library but i can't.
When i clicked on C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\keytool, cmd opens but the page closed fast Should i do any work before i clicked on keytool.exe? I read linke but i can't understand how find the apiKey?

Cheers

Ranch Hand
IBM DB2 Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
apikey?

Isn't that something that the application needs?

try running keytool from a command window instead of clicking on it.
This will only show you SSL type stuff though.

WP

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Running Keytool isn't the solution. Start by following the "Maps API Key Signup" link on that page.

fahimeh hashemian
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for answers.
When i open and see google map in phone, i should know apiKey, because i want to find this.

I open cmd page and write address of keytool but cmd writes: 'C:\Programs' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Why not open keytool?

I read link this but i can't solve this problem. I install jdk, after, i right click in googleMaps project and select Export and select Export Android Application and select Create new Key store and write key name and pass and years validity and ... . after created debug.keystore and GoogleMaps.apk but when i clicked in keytool in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin runs but closed fast and i can't read information of page (
What should i do?
Please help me
Cheers

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You're mixing up two entirely unrelated things - the key you might need for incorporating Google Maps in an Android app, and the key you need for signing an Android app in order to distribute it through the Play Store. Which one is it that you actually want to accomplish?

(Frankly, I'm a bit baffled how one could confuse those two, as they are totally separate things.)

fahimeh hashemian
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ulf Dittmer wrote:You're mixing up two entirely unrelated things - the key you might need for incorporating Google Maps in an Android app, and the key you need for signing an Android app in order to distribute it through the Play Store. Which one is it that you actually want to accomplish?

(Frankly, I'm a bit baffled how one could confuse those two, as they are totally separate things.)

I don't know why you confused!! I want the key for incorporating Google Maps in andrdoid app and thereby, i show maps in my program. This is clear?
Thanks

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Your confusion is the source of my confusion

You posted this link: http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html#cert, which has precisely nothing to do with using Google Maps. I advise again:

Start by following the "Maps API Key Signup" link on that page.

Note that the link I'm talking about here is the one in your first post, not the irrelevant one in your second post.

fahimeh hashemian
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for answer my friends
I open cmd and write in cmd C:\>"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\keytool.exe" -list -alias androiddebugkey -keystore "C:\Users\Fahimeh\.android\debug.keystore" -storepass android -keypass android
and after i enter, cmd writes Access denied but not writes any code for sign in to google. Why? Do i write incorrect sentence? Do i write other word instead of -alias in up?

Cheers

Right! We're on it! Let's get to work tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic