• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help about an EJB session context issue

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am working on a servlet application which invokes a web service. This web service is an ejb based web service which has also some utility classes. One utility class is getting ejbsession context parameter from a bean class and trying to get message context from that ejb session context variable but it fails there. I get an illegalstateexception. Here is the error trace :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: SessionBean: getMessageContext not allowed from Non-WebService Endpoint method
[11/22/12 14:47:08:542 EET] 00000051 SystemErr at com.ibm.ejs.container.SessionBeanO.getMessageContext(SessionBeanO.java:334)

Almostly all the ejb forums i have visited are telling that it resulted because of that fact that session context is in a wrong state and it can not invoke getMessageContext method. During debug activity i am changing the value of ejb session context variable just to find the true state but it doesnt work for any state. When i inspect ejb session context variable i see four session context state strings, They are : [DESTROYED, POOLED, IN_METHOD, PRE_CREATE]. The error comes with the session context variable happen when it has IN_METHOD state. I tried to change the value of the state to the other ones that i have listed below, but it doesnt work. I dont know what is going wrong, what must i do ?

Thanks for your help and attention..

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
that doing an application commits transaction on multi-databases with different schema, I’m confused of the pattern that doing such action. i will dependent on the following software’s and tools.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic