• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Print on A4 scaned File data from input

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there ,

how can i print data to a scanned file.

What i mean is i have scanned one A4 File (application form ) and i want to fill this with input from the user and then print it.

Any help is most welcome.

Georgios Chatziefstratiou
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Horche Gratsias wrote:Hi there ,

how can i print data to a scanned file.

What i mean is i have scanned one A4 File (application form ) and i want to fill this with input from the user and then print it.

Any help is most welcome.

anyone?

lowercase baba
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Horche ,

My guess as to why you're not getting any responses is that your question is not terribly clear. I, for one, am not sure what you mean by an "A4 File (application form)".

And by "scanned', do you mean you have scanned it in as (say) a .jpg?

Part of the deal is that for you to get help, you need to make it as simple as possible for folk to help you. And remember, you are dealing with an international audience.

So I would suggest your read our FAQ on HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch (<--that is a link). Give us more information on what EXACTLY you have done, and what you are trying to do.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

fred rosenberger wrote:Horche ,

My guess as to why you're not getting any responses is that your question is not terribly clear. I, for one, am not sure what you mean by an "A4 File (application form)".

And by "scanned', do you mean you have scanned it in as (say) a .jpg?

Part of the deal is that for you to get help, you need to make it as simple as possible for folk to help you. And remember, you are dealing with an international audience.

So I would suggest your read our FAQ on HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch (<--that is a link). Give us more information on what EXACTLY you have done, and what you are trying to do.

Hi fred

thanks for your response

i think you have a point.I will try to make it as clear as i can .

I have scanned one application Form A4 size (normal application Form registration Form)and i am trying to use it with one application.That means that i want to make the scanned form ready to accept input from keyboard when i open it from a java web application

example the application form has name:_____________ <---- i want this to be ready to accept data and save the data with the file together
last name:____________ <---- i want this to be ready to accept data and save the data with the file together

so when i open the form i want to load the form but also to be able to input data on the fields i said before.I have other fields but thats the idea of what i want to do.

I hope it's clear enough.

Any ideas are most welcome.

Bartender
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Horche Gratsias wrote:so when i open the form i want to load the form but also to be able to input data on the fields i said before.I have other fields but thats the idea of what i want to do.

I think you're confusing the business of collecting the details with printing the form; and I'm still not quite certain what any of this has to do with scanning an image.

Suppose, for sake of argument, this is a Tax form:
  • You're going to need to have some way of collecting Tax details from a customer.
  • You're going to need some way of printing those details out in a predefined format.

• but neither activity is related to the other, except possibly via a TaxDetails object; and the latter has absolutely nothing to do with scanning - unless you're talking about a pre-printed form; in which case it's use would probably be controlled by selecting a tray on the printer.

On the other hand, if you actually want the details to be part of the print image, you'd probably be better off using something like a PDF or PostScript generator; but again, this has nothing to do with scanning.

Winston

Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies

Winston Gutkowski wrote:

Horche Gratsias wrote:so when i open the form i want to load the form but also to be able to input data on the fields i said before.I have other fields but thats the idea of what i want to do.

I think you're confusing the business of collecting the details with printing the form; and I'm still not quite certain what any of this has to do with scanning an image.

Suppose, for sake of argument, this is a Tax form:
  • You're going to need to have some way of collecting Tax details from a customer.
  • You're going to need some way of printing those details out in a predefined format.

• but neither activity is related to the other, except possibly via a TaxDetails object; and the latter has absolutely nothing to do with scanning - unless you're talking about a pre-printed form; in which case it's use would probably be controlled by selecting a tray on the printer.

On the other hand, if you actually want the details to be part of the print image, you'd probably be better off using something like a PDF or PostScript generator; but again, this has nothing to do with scanning.

Winston

Hi Winston

no that the result of this
    first i have to fill the form with user input (the form is scanned so that i can use it at once it has .doc format i can also create a .pdf then when i call the form if i want i can input data to this form name address so on

then i have to print it .

With scanning i mean that i have the Form scanned so that i use at once .Because it it takes to much time to create a new one from word.

• yes i will make the input.

• yes how can i do that any idea where to look?Is it clear now?

fred rosenberger
    lowercase baba
    Chrome Java Linux
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies

Horche Gratsias wrote:
    Hi Winston

first i have to fill the form with user input

No, you don't. Getting the data has nothing to do with 'filling in the form'. Perhaps the form tells you what data you need to get, but you should separate out the logic.

For example, getting a person's first name.

You may want to get it so you can print "Hello, Fred". You may want to get it to store it in a database. You may want to get it to print it out eventually. But it doesn't matter what you want to do with it once you have it - you just need to get it.

Now, eventually, you may want to make the 'getting it' LOOK like the person is filling out a form - but again, that is a separate issue.

Good code keeps unrelated things separated. Getting the data should not be tied to printing the data or displaying the data.

Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies

fred rosenberger wrote:

Horche Gratsias wrote:
    Hi Winston

first i have to fill the form with user input

No, you don't. Getting the data has nothing to do with 'filling in the form'. Perhaps the form tells you what data you need to get, but you should separate out the logic.

For example, getting a person's first name.

You may want to get it so you can print "Hello, Fred". You may want to get it to store it in a database. You may want to get it to print it out eventually. But it doesn't matter what you want to do with it once you have it - you just need to get it.

Now, eventually, you may want to make the 'getting it' LOOK like the person is filling out a form - but again, that is a separate issue.

Good code keeps unrelated things separated. Getting the data should not be tied to printing the data or displaying the data.

some more details

What are you saying? I thought you said that Santa gave you that. And this tiny ad:
    a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
    https://gardener-gift.com
      Bookmark Topic Watch Topic