• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JAX-WS client generation in eclipse drops properties

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a wsdl web service created via the eclipse/RAD Create Web Service wizard. It uses a compound object for parameters that includes some Lists, including a list of child pojos, and a map. I generated a client to use for my unit test but the client generated substantially changed my data object. the data object it works with dropped all setters that operated over Lists (getters are still there), and the map got turned into a "MapType". This data object already have some JAXB annotations, and the map was mapped to a MapType locally that conveys how to transform the map to XML and vice versa.

So I am left with no way to provide the Lists in my client and the wrong data type for my HashMap property. Otherwise my service was going to be dirt simple, just passing this one bean (with subordinate lists, maps and such). I don't understand what I did wrong. Anyone have an idea where I can start?

Are you okay? You look a little big. Maybe this tiny ad will help:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic