• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

load 3d model , update it and render using java

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello

i am new to java 3d. i have encountered a situation like , i want to load ready made developed 3d model of any object [as an example shoe] developed in 3d modeling software like 3d studio max or Maya in my java program , update its texture or color properties etc. then render it and then display the updated model to the end user.

so i am asking all the 3d experts how should i proceed ahead to accomplish my goal ?
which input should i load into my program ?
how can i update the loaded model , render it and display the updated model to the end user ?

in simple story , i want to give my users ability to modify 3d model by their interactions as such ,
they provided 3d model of shoe for example in default colors and textures & some fields like sole color , if they choose color red then the loaded 3d model's sole is colored red (i.e. updated) and then displayed to end user with red color rubber sole shoe instead of default color shoe.

please, advice me to accomplish my goal.

Thank You

Mihir K Parekh
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello
i have read your link about cross posting. yes i have cross posted this questions to 8 different sites. why ? because i did not get an sufficient answer yet. i am hoping the answer from this site , and this is very easy question for any expert game developer or 3d programmer , i m loosing my trust from stackoverflow , and i remember around 2006 when i started my career this site is the number one site for java guys so still i have faith in it. i do hope an answer for my question from here, and as suggested i chnage my display name.

Thank You
Mihir Parekh

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic