• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Service Proxy not generated in wsdl2java in axis.jar

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am using JAX-RPC for some maintenance work in our existing application.

When I generate the Webservice Client using Eclipse IDE, I used to get a Serviceproxy class generated.

I had to generate the Client using the wsdl2java i.e. org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java in axis.jar. I am not able to find out any ServiceProxy class once the generation is completed.

I am not sure whether there is some way to generate the ServiceProxy class also using this wsdl2java, may be some additional options which I am missing

Please let me know about this.

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Looks like your client is of age of old Axis. We're using Axis2 now.

I suggest you to upgrade it, if you really need to recreate SOAP client (I suppose server was updated and your client needs to follow).

If you have used design patterns best practices like abstraction and encapsulation, you'll be able to update SOAP client component without having to mess with other software code.

Anthony D'Souz
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hikari Shidou wrote:Looks like your client is of age of old Axis. We're using Axis2 now.

I suggest you to upgrade it, if you really need to recreate SOAP client (I suppose server was updated and your client needs to follow).

If you have used design patterns best practices like abstraction and encapsulation, you'll be able to update SOAP client component without having to mess with other software code.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I won't be allowed upgrade the service based on my wish since its a maintenance project (I am also desperate that it get upgraded)

The entire code is written using JAX-RPC, hence please let me know of any other way (or some upgraded compatible jars) to be used for this generation so that it wont mess up things.

Will apprertiate some comments/suggestions on this.

Thanks.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic