Granny's Programming Pearls
"inside of every large program is a small program struggling to get out"
JavaRanch.com/granny.jsp
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SQL, access denied

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have built a scraper for two buddies of mine, and now I'm working on making the program upload the datas to the database.
While testing I am using my own database. I will be making the program so that one of my buddies will himself insert the required information for logging on to their server. That means I don't have access info to their database as of now.
When testing with my own server I keep getting the "Access denied" error. I am positive the user name, password and host is correct.
Googling this problem, all I can find is something about granting access to remote users on the server (it's not a firewall problem).

These two buddies of mine are not very experienced with programming, servers or databases. One of them has only basic computer knowledge, and the other has very limited knowledge of these things.
Thus, I would prefer to have my program be able to connect to their database with as little server fiddling as possible.

Is there any way I can make the program send the grant commands to the server by itself?
If not, could I make this java program execute a PHP script on the server, which in turn could do the uploading? I have never before built a program that executes anything outside itself.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You should provide more detailed information about your exception.

If you are using a rototiller, you are doing it wrong. Even on this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic